Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Goals for 2015

Goals of 2015
I love the new year because it is like a fresh start. You can forget everything that has happened in the past year and start new with a positive attitude. So after some time and thinking about the past year, I have come up with a list of goals that I want to accomplish throughout the year.



School:
Make Deans list again this semester- I would love to make deans list both semesters of my first year of college and I know its going to be tough, especially with my schedule for the spring semester. Im an elementary education major with a focus in elementary mathamatics therefore im taking three math courses including Calculous, Intro to Statistics, and Structure of number sequence. On top of that I am taking a required writing course where I have to write a 15 to 20 page research paper and a sociology class that is once a week and three hours long. I am willing to work my butt off if in the end itll all be worth it.
Use the library more often- This past semester I usually did my work in my room either on my bed (big mistake because it just makes me want to fall asleep) or my desk (worked for the most part except when my roommate was in the room as well.) I realized during finals week that the library was my friend especially when I was using a cubical study area. With my course load for the spring semester, I think it would be the smartest if I did most if not all of my work in the library.

Lifestyle:
Take more risks- I never really take risks and I want to do more exciting things this year and make amazing memories. If I feel that I will fail, I won’t do it and I want to change that about of myself because that is no way to go through life.
Save more money- I am not good at saving my money at all and I would like to change that about myself. My boyfriend and I are going to Florida for a vacation and I need to save money for my half. I want to learn how to budget and save my money for the future.
                                                                         Health:
Start going to the gym 5 days a week- I want to get in the habit of going to the gym because it’s included in my tuition and I want to get in shape. I also want to start eating less junk and healthier. This will be one of my hardest goals to stick to I think.
Run a 5k at some point- My step dad has ran so many marathons I couldn’t count. He has inspired me to start running. I would love to one day be able to run a marathon like him but for now a 5k will be my goal.
Blogging:
Blog at least once a week- I am just starting to blog and I think it will be really fun to look back at the end of the year or years later. I think that once a week won’t be a hassle so I think I can easily accomplish it.
Document the good, the bad, and everything in between- I want to have something that holds all of my memories from college since it’s supposed to be the best years of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment